Friday, February 22, 2008

So

As my confusion about what I'm actually writing about continues to increase, so also does my sense of reckless abandon! I couldn't really help it tonight - humongous snowflakes falling everywhere, campus so quiet and beautiful, Butler's acoustic secrets. Recipe for a pretty good night despite lack of scholarly success. But I've always heard that the times that we remember most are not the many nights we'll spend working, but the nights we just get out there and screw up, or hang around without thinking too much about the consequences. The late night conversations. The stupid feats of strength. Juggling on the quad at 4 in the morning.

So tonight, Kant beat me, but I am ultimately going to capture him in a simple snare, dump him into a sack, cinch up the top, and throw him off a bridge. Frigid waters, these.

Life is so delightful right now. There's a good mix of up and down right now, and time seems to be flowing smoothly - perhaps a little more quickly than it ought, but I won't complain about that as the future doesn't look too shabby from where I'm standing.

Sleep well.

No comments: