Thursday, March 6, 2008

When 2:30 a.m. rolls around

the thought crosses my mind that I will be waking up in less than seven hours, not only perpetuating this semi-functional, caffeine-dependent Will. It's not necessarily a bad Will. My ability to think is dulled, and I mind that to some degree, but there's also my inability (in this state) to freak out too much. And I don't mind that. I like to think of myself as a pretty chill individual, and I think that I've reached that point where things start to lose some of their import as I slip farther and farther away from the clutches of sleep. My sheets don't get too ruffled - I sleep stone.

And nightmares. None of those lately. In fact, I cannot remember the last time that I had a real nightmare. Lauren mentioned stress nightmares, and I think I know what type she was describing, but I haven't even had one of those in quite a while.

So strange. Sleep, dreams, the extents and extensions, man.

Weather: I think it was pretty humid today, and today's cold made me think of the cold back home. It's that sort of cold that doesn't need to register in the teens to make you fearful of the incredible blue or the wind to pierce every single pore straight into your bones, freezing the marrow. Blue.

Why can't I grow a beard? (A non-molester beard) :(

When I open my window at night, the chill rolls in and soaks my feet.

No comments: